Our latest special issue is out! Edited by Alain-G. Gagnon (Université du Québec à Montréal) , Carlota Moragas and Marta Montagut (Universitat Rovira i Virgili), this issue is about the discourses, actors and citizens in the communicative construction of the Catalan conflict.
It taps into the rich (and at the moment hot) debate on the role that media have played in the construction of the Catalan crisis, and how it can potentially contribute to its solution.
Editorial (free download)
Discourses, actors and citizens in the communicative construction of conflicts: The Catalan case
Gagnon, Alain-G.; Montagut, Marta; Moragas-Fernández, Carlota M.
– We need to talk: Willingness to speak out about Catalonia’s secession
Balcells, Joan; Padró-Solanet, Albert
– The coverage of the international press in framing the Catalan sovereignty process: Analysis of ten leading EU and US newspapers 2010–17
Pont-Sorribes, Carles; Perales-García, Cristina; Mauri-Rios, Marcel; Tulloch, Christopher D.
– Metaphors for comic relief: Satirists’ self-reported contribution to democratic dialogue in difficult times
Author: Álvarez Fuentes, Mario
– Memes as an ideological tool: The stance of the Spanish online newspapers regarding the Catalan Referendum and Catalan Regional Elections 2017
Algaba, Cristina; Bellido-Pérez, Elena
– Image-sharing and iconicity on social media during the Catalan conflict (2017)
San Cornelio, Gemma; Gómez Cruz, Edgar
An algorithm for Catalonia